December 3, 2008

Farewell to you, blog

Since everyone has had a sort of "goodbye blog", I thought I would follow suit. I guess what I have enjoyed most about blogging is that it really is a great way to put your ideas into writing, and it is ALWAYS beneficial to write as much as you can. Blogging forced me to write about things in my everyday life and connect it with editing and journalism, while also making me pay attention to grammar and spelling even though I was writing pretty informally. In my first couple weeks of blogging it took me FOREVER to figure out what I wanted to blog about. I would dread it every week and wait to the last minute. But as I rush to finish my 13 blogs, I realized I had a lot more ideas in my head than I thought. When I didn't feel obligated to do it, I really enjoyed it more. And although I am obligated to write 13, these last couple blogs have really been my favorite. They might not have connected to editing as much as my original ones, but I really felt a lot more comfortable writing about them.

No comments: